About Liam McLaughlin:
Liam McLaughlin is the Chief Technical Officer with GEN Europe an independent energy efficiency and energy management systems consultancy with offices in Ireland, Spain and Dubai. He has worked in energy efficiency for over 25 years, initially as an energy manager in industry and since 2001 as an independent consultant. He works with large energy users in industry, commerce and the public sector internationally.
He has specialised in energy management systems and ISO 50001 in recent years.
- Member of the ISO committee that wrote ISO 50001 and its supporting international standards,
- Lead international expert with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) on energy management systems.
- Lead international trainer on ISO 50001 with the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- Published 2 guide books on energy management system implementation, one with UNIDO and the other for ISO/ITC/UNIDO
- Panel Leader at ECEEE Summer Study in industrial energy efficiency
- Accreditation auditor with INAB on ISO 50001
- Lectures on energy management in University of Geneva
- Member of UNECE energy efficiency working group
- Member of Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) Energy Management Working Group.
Liam is also the lead author of training materials for UNIDO on energy performance measurement and indicators. He is also the lead author of a training program on ISO 50006 (Energy Performance Indicators) developed for ISO. He has spoken on the topics of energy management and energy performance measurement at several international conferences including in Ireland, Austria, Spain, UK, Switzerland, Iran, Chile, Russia, Jordan, South Africa, China, Malaysia, Northern Macedonia, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Moldova and Azerbaijan.
He has trained personnel from over 100 national energy agencies worldwide.
He has a very specific interest in research into the benefits of better approaches into energy performance measurement and related energy metrics.