Truform Laser Dies Ltd
Examples of Compliance Organisations with an focus on the Environment
Independent Organisations that point the way, promote and support sustainability in the industrial world in the interest of our environment
(1) Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is an international independent organization that helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as:
- climate change
- human rights
GRI’s Vision is to create a future where sustainability is integrated to every organization’s decision making plan.
GRI’s Mission is to empower decision makers everywhere, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
(2) The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. It is a call to companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on:
- Human rights
And a further call to take actions that advance societal goals around these issues where the need arises.
UN Global Compact sets out 10 Principles seeking commitment through CEO’s to implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals.
(3) Sedex is a global organisation dedicated to driving “improvements in responsible and ethical business practices” in global supply chains.
It helps us to reduce risk, protect our company reputation and improve supply chain practices. Members endorse and adopt principles under the following headings:
- Labour Standards
- Health & Safety
- The Environment
- Business Practises
A key goal, for example, is to drive improvements in the ethical performance of global supply chain.
(4) Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
Works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change and protect our natural resources.
Members contribute by reducing carbon footprint and staying more environmentally aware.
Members believe in:
- Preventing dangerous climate change
- Protecting our natural resources
- To minimise environmental risk